ss_blog_claim=3d0289db0805ca6c5eedbb72a4363f3e ss_blog_claim=3d0289db0805ca6c5eedbb72a4363f3e Random Thoughts: Trouble installing my new graphics card

Random Thoughts

A Unique Weblog


http://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/graka/xfx_sparkle_geforce_8600_gts_gt/b/01_xfx8600gt_1.jpg

Well i was talking about my new graphics card ..I returned to the hostel with my new GPU and i was so eager to play some games with my new graphics card.I had some previous experiences of helping my friends installing GPU's in their computers,So i thought that won't be a problem but a very big trouble lied ahead for me.I just fitted the graphics card in the PCI express slot of my mother board and plugged my monitor cable in the GPU.Everything went well my PC started well and i entered into windows.The problem came when i was about to install the driver for my new GPU.They provided me with a driver version of Forceware 169.23 but it kept saying me it couldn't locate the hardware.I got frustrated with my new GPU.

Later i thought of downloading old drivers ( Forceware 169.21) from nvidia site .The size of the driver was 43 MB. I downloaded it and i couldn't wait for another min and immediately started installing it.It worked fine it recognized my hardware and everything went fine.My whole new graphics card started working well.